Tuesday, January 23, 2007

New process.

So a new process? Sort of, well sort of... For me at least. There's all kinds of steps that your supposed to take when your creating an animated series. But with "The Show of Job" I'm really more interested in getting things done and online.

I really enjoy the whole pre-production process. And I'm slowly adding bits and pieces of it to my own production. For example. The top image is a layout for a scene with Job and Rachel.

I sketched it on top of one of an already completed background to test out some sitting poses, and work out what new pieces I'd have to make. (no real sitting has gone on in the series yet.) When It was finished and I took a look at the scene I could see a major improvement over the usual "Straight ahead" approach I've taken with this series.

This is super super basic stuff. Anyone in animation who's reading this right now is going: "Well Duuuuhhhhhh." And yeah, fair enough. I see this process at work all the time and obviously their productions blow mine out of the water. But they also have time, manpower and oh.. A budget.

I'm still going to be skipping a lot of steps during the production of this first series. The longer I take before doing actual animation increases the window where I get bored and shelve the project. But I'm glad to see elements like this start to trickle in, in an unobtrusive manner.

~Steve.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've earmarked 48.9 thousand dollars that was previously allocation to Mikeztan military research and development.
The oversight committee had a field day but I vetoed their involvment.

It's causing some tension in the House of Mikeolytes.

Your car-tune had best be worth potential civil war.

Anonymous said...

Also...

your google ads led me to a medical animation firm that showed me a 3D rendering of female ovulation.

Smut-peddler.

Call me.